Sunday, January 31, 2010

Glitter...and Other Things that Sparkle

I saw the funniest, cute and very "me" quote the other day...it was on a tag attached to a candle my stylist had on her counter. It said: "I was going to do something to change the world today...But something sparkly caught my eye". I laughed when I saw this, and thought of all the times I am out shopping (or browsing) and immediately am drawn to the shiniest thing in the shop...I love sparkles.

Last year I bought several bottles of glitter for crafting, then bought several old vintage salt & pepper shakers to dispay them in...I even had friends of mine keep their eyes out for neat shakers to use (thanks Trixie!). I finally got around to getting the shakers filled last week, and now have them displayed on a table in my studio. They look so neat...and sparkly!

I took a few pictures of the shakers and glitter, and put together a simple layout using a Becky Fleck Page Map for a Page Map Blog contest..here it is:

The sketch...


And my layout...

I used some Basic Grey papers (from the Dasher and Euphoria lines), some Basic Grey chipboard shapes (glittered, of course), and some vintage magazine ads from a 1926 French magazine decoupaged onto a chipboard sheet...and then smugged-up with distress ink. I also added the quote at the top left corner of the decoupaged chipboard.

It was a very fun, very messy project celebrating my love of sparkles!

1 comment:

  1. I love your layout and the shaker idea! I'm going to have to steal all of my grandmas shakers someday. It's on my huge task list.

    ReplyDelete