Friday, January 29, 2010

Hair Stylists...and Other Miracle Workers

I have a suggestion for the new health care reforms..I think we should add beauty parlors to the list of approved mental health care providers....

I spent a few lovely hours yesterday having my hair done...I went in a shaggy dog and came out a well coiffed poodle! Not to mention a more relaxed and mentally stable member of society!

There are few things as nice as sitting in a comfy swiveling chair having someone cater to your every need....want the space heater on to warm your feet, done!...want a cup of tea (or two), done!...want me to primp and fawn over you, done!

I love going to the salon, I love the cacophony of voices chattering in the background, the tinkle of the door's bell every time someone walks in or out, the soothing sound of running water and the general laughter of happy women (and men). I enter the salon feeling shaggy and unkempt, and within a few hours my stylist (Oh, I love the sound of that!) has performed miracles! She manages to snip my hair here and there and not only gets my mane back in shape, but sheds pounds, makes my close fit better, makes my skin look clearer and empties my mind of all the things I'm worrying about.

Doesn't that sound like it should fall in to the mental health category? I'm not asking for a lot, just 12 pre-approved visits to keep me sane, happy and a functioning member of society...And if you go my salon, ask for "Dr." Melissa...she is the best!

1 comment:

  1. The only time you look like a shaggy dog is when you wake up from a fun girl weekend. Otherwise I can't say I've ever seen you look that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete