Thursday, June 29, 2017

Finish No. 4 - 2nd Q

One of my favorite breaks at work are for the weekly MSQC Tutorials.  (Do you have the app?  The app quacks when the new tutorial is loaded!  Awesome!)

There have been several tutorials that have me itching to get home and into the sewing room...The Whimsical Shoofly (my version here), The Starburst Quilt (mine here), The Super Easy Hourglass (mine's not done yet....it's a leader ender project)...and The Pins and Paws quilt.

This one might be my favorite.

I'm a sucker for all things cat!

I made my Pins and Paws quilt for this years Cat Tales Rescue silent auction.  This is really a fun pattern, and so easy to whip up in a hurry!  And since I put off starting the quilt until two months before the fundraiser, it's a good thing it was quick!


I did the quilting myself at home.  I had such plans for free-motion quilting swirls and loops that looked like balls of yarn, but my big Pfaff had other plans and checked into the machine doctor's for a couple of weeks right when I needed to get this done.

So I turned to my little Pfaff and the every-easy ever-fast overall orange peel pattern...done and done!


This quilt turned out just sweet as can be...I may need to make another one to keep!

Some Stats for the quilt:
Size: 68" X 77"
Quilting: Really big Orange Peel quilting on my little Pfaff
Started: 03/20/17
Finished: 05/05/17 (the night before the fundraiser!)
Fabric Used: Some stash and some purchased from Joann's with this quilt in mind.

This makes finish #7 for 2017...and 44 remaining UFO's (30 remaining on the 2nd Q List)

No comments:

Post a Comment