Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Finish No. 1 - 2nd Q


Bad pictures....of a very cute quilt!

I really need to work on my picture taking skills...and of course, not waiting until the very last second to snap a quick pic as the quilt is walking out of the door to its new home, might be the starting point!

Sigh!

Anyway, this was a pretty fun quilt to make, and really fast!  The pattern is called Color Weave by Julie Hirt (found at the Moda Bakeshop).  I made the Throw size, which uses 24 Layer Cake squares.  The fabric is by Momo, called Flying Colors.  It's a layer cake I have had in my stash for a couple of years.


I've made this pattern twice now...and really love how it showcases the fabrics.

33061 16
I love this print!

I sent the quilt to MSQC for quilting...and really, how perfect is this kite pattern!  I fell in love the second I saw it!

And I absolutely adore the binding on this one!


So that's it...the first finish for the quarter, which I actually finished on April 17th, but didn't take pictures until May 30th...and then got around to blogging on June 20th.

Some Stats for the quilt:
Size: 57" X 68"
Quilting: Missouri Star Quilt Company - Kites pattern
Started: 10/25/16
Finished: 04/17/17
Fabric Used: All stash - 100%!

This makes finish #4 for 2017...and 44 remaining UFO's. (My 2nd quarter list)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful finish! On behalf of the global FAL hosts, thank you so much for playing along with us this quarter!

    ReplyDelete