Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes

We have lived in our home for just over five years.  For the most part, the house needed very little changes before we moved in.  It was a new house, only 6 years old at the time, and even though it was a foreclosure the previous owner had kept it in great shape.

Just some cleaning, a new dishwasher and stove and some window coverings...we were good to go.

A few months after moving in, we did some re-painting...not much, just a few rooms.  A bedroom (which was an awful shade of Pepto-Bismol pink), a dark burgundy bedroom (so dreary) and a couple bathrooms (I love crisp white bathrooms).

Otherwise, we have lived with the previous owners color scheme...which is very, uuuuuuu-m, warm and festive?

I love orange, I do...but I counted 7 varying shades of it...hallways, dinning room, family room, guest-suite bath, powder room, master bedroom, laundry room...seven.  Seven.  Different.  Variations.

Basically every single room in the house is a different color...and most are high gloss...

Five years ago...it was a nice change from our very small, mostly white previous house.

Five years later...I'm ready to change.

So I have a few re-decorating ideas in mind...but I want to show the "before" pictures...

(Disclaimer:  These pictures were taken in the classic "before" spirit, with no make-up, all pout-faced, and pimples showing...In other words, I was too lazy to tidy up beforehand)

Starting with the Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom




And the Kitchen



And Powder Room



And the Foyer


then...moving on to the Porch  (I love this space...one of my favorites)



The Dinning Room


The Living Room


The Family Room



There are a few other spaces that might need a little decorating and sprucing up here and there...but, mostly just paint.

We will eradicate the orange one room at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment