Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Page Maps...

Like I mentioned yesterday, I really like using sketches. Especially if I have a large project...with the layouts sketched out for me, I can focus on the papers and embellishments...(and sometimes finally break out my new tools and try them out!)

And one great source for sketches is Page Maps website...as well as their blog (which hosts cool contests with cool prizes).

This is a layout I finished on the 12th (yes I was very busy that day!)...and am finally getting it posted (just prior to the cut-off for the Page Maps contest...whew!)

Here is the sketch...



And my version...



This picture is of my cat Rooster Cogburn (yep, we are John Wayne fans) and one of the foster kittens, Lizzy...the most photogenic foster kitty we had! The last few weeks of having the foster kitties, as we waited for their new families to come pick them up, Rooster spent most of his day in the room with them...he just loved playing with them and keeping them company...and Lizzy took a real shining to him...aw, kitten love!

This was the first layout I did using my new iRock tool....and I L-O-V-E it!

I love how the scattered rhinestones look in conjunction with the pre-made pearl swirl.

I also used another new favorite tool, from Epiphany Crafts, a little button maker. Now you can make perfectly matched buttons for your projects using patterned paper...so cool!



The papers I used are from K&Company...but I can't remember the line...sorry...they came in a ginormous variety pack I bought at Michael's last year...I think the paper pad was called "The Best of K&Company"...



I love how my tag turned out...I cut strips of coordinating paper from the line and used a variety of edge punches on each...then layered them on top of a manila tag...I inked up the punched edges a bit and then 'fluffed' them up...



Overall...a very pastel purple page...not a color I usually use, but it seemed appropriate for the picture...very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment