Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another Sketch Layout

I found this really great sketch website, Pencil Lines, last year when I was in the need for some inspiration...and through their website I found one of my fav blogs to read, Balzer Designs...Julie is so inspirational!

Well, Pencil Lines had a sketch posted on their blog the other day, sketch #227, that really struck me as super cool...so I had to sit down and work out a layout based on it...

Here is the original sketch...



I love the center vertical design, not a design I generally use...

And here is my layout...



I would say that I have been on a 'cat in the sunshine' picture taking kick laltely...but if you know me, you know I am ALWAYS taking pictures of the cats in the sunshine...jealous of them, I'm sure that's my motivation.

The journaling on this layout, by hand again (ugh!), is about how nice the cats have it...food, petting, napping, and such...but specific to the pictures of Elaine, it is a bit about how relieved I am to know that she has a good and safe place to live, given her limitations (which have not stopped her one bit or slowed her down at all!)...



And I just have to say, I am loving using stamps on my layouts...all thanks to some awesome free classes over at 2P's!



I posted a question on their stamping forum about what ink pens stampers recommend for inking up stamps...and one person said they use Crayolas...really?!?! Yes, and they are awesome (better on rubber stamps than on acrylic) and soooooo cheap! I'm loving them!

And one final picture of Lainey (for now, anyway)...I love this look...


"Hey mom, whatcha doin'?"

2 comments:

  1. Love this picture of Lainey. She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun sketch, love your layout.

    when I was like 3, I remember laying in front of the window in a patch of sun, I still remember the warmth and the comfort of it, I so get why cats do this, lol.

    ReplyDelete