Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Daffy-dils...and Other Signs of Spring

I am definitely a winter kind-of-gal. I love cold weather (preferably rainy), turtlenecks, wool sweaters, hot coffee (actually coffee at any temperature is good), and snuggling on the couch with all five of the four-legged babies. But I will admit that the first signs of Spring always make me happy.

Last Fall, on a particularly hot day, I planted tulips and daffodils around the base of the trees in our front yard.Fast forward four months...and up come the first of the daffys. The first official opening was late last Wednesday, and by Saturday there was a riot of yellow flowers in the front yard. Now I wish it hadn't been so hot back in October, because I would have planted hundreds more! They are such a nice welcome home after work!



So the lovely daffys got me to thinking about all the scrapbook pages I did last year from the trip I took with my Mom and her friends to Butchart Gardens in Victoria, B.C. ...and I thought I would upload a few here to share (if you mouse-click on the pics, they should enlarge so you can see the details, and just use the 'back' button on your browser to get back to this post):




Black Eyed Susans


The Italian Garden


The Sunken Garden


Dahlias


Fuchsias


Spider Mums

And, just in case you are wondering...the tulips haven't but hardly begun to peek out from the soil...I have never had much luck with growing tulips in the ground...I guess we will just have to wait and see what pops-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment