Monday, April 10, 2017

2017 First Quarter Round-up

I'm such a dolt!  I finished two of my UFO's from my 1st quarter FAL list...and just realized this morning, I never published the second blog post.  Which means I never got that finish linked up...doh!

Anyway...at least it's finished (and now posted retroactively).

Anyway, on to the 1st Quarter list...and how I did (not too shabby, if I say so myself...and I do):


The Red & White Scrappy Trip/Irish Chain:  I love this quilt.  I finished all the blocks and got the top put together and basted.  I even got one row of quilting done...but then set it aside.  That's okay though, I'm glad my unfinished top list is dwindling...if I can just keep my promise to not start anymore new projects for awhile!



The 2014 Fat Quarter Shop Designer Mystery:  So beautiful!  This one also moved from the unfinished top list to the needs quilting list.  I have a backing all ready for it...I'm leaning towards "dot-to-dot" quilting for each of the stars...



The Feathers Star Pillow: No change...

The Hexagon Baby Quilt: Finished! Gifted! And currently being loved on!

Dapper Dan/Strip Quilt: No change...

Hand-pieced Henry: Still plugging along...hand quilting is slow work for me!

FQS Snapshots Quilt:  The top is done!  I have a little bit of embroidery to do one the backing...and then it will be ready for quilting.  This one is sooooo cute!  It definitely deserves some special quilting!



Clovers: Done...and over-with!  My mom loved it, at least someone did!  Such a cute pattern...I think I just didn't love my colors...my tastes changed.

Black Cats and Pink Polka-dots: The top is done...and looks great.  I need to decide what I want as a backing...I'm considering a pink minky, and then gifting it to a cat-loving friend.



Cherry Tweet:  I made progress on this...but not a lot.  I have a lot of the applique blocks fused down, but not sewn.  Progress is good!

In the end, I finished 20% of my list...I'm good with that!  And I moved five unfinished tops of that list!

Next quarter...it's all about the quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment