Friday, February 17, 2017

Finish No.2 - 1st Q

I've finished my second project from my 2017 Finish-a-Long 1st Quarter list...yay!



Part of my strategy for finishing up all of my...ahem... 47 remaining UFO's (yes, I've added 7 new one this year), is to spend a little time with each of them...and decide if it is a project I want to finish.

With Clovers, I decided I really love the pattern (Fig Tree & Co has such cute patterns!)...and I used to really like the fabrics, but honestly...


...they were old-old stash, back from when I started quilting in the mid-90's.



So with that in mind...I had 12 blocks done, two each of six different fabric match-ups.  I decided that was enough to make a small version.



I laid out 9 of the blocks, 3X3...used the pattern's sashing instructions, and added just one outside border.  Done!

Aren't my mom's camelias beautiful!
I used it as a practice piece for FMQ meandering in the background, and did some straight line quilting with my walking-foot in the "clovers".



I took it up to my mom's to take some pictures...and she just loved it, so there it stayed!

Backing...my mom loved this fabric!  I was just trying to use it up!
Some Stats for the quilt:
Size: 46" X 46"
Quilting: FMQ meander and walking-foot straight lines on my Pfaff
Started: 01/21/12
Finished: 02/07/17
Fabric Used: All stash - 100%! (and some very-very old)



2nd item checked off my UFO list!

This makes finish #2 for 2017...and 45 remaining UFO's (8 remaining on the 1stQ List)

1 comment: