Thursday, February 16, 2017

Finish No. 1 - 1st Quarter

Finish No.1!  And so much fun to make!



When I was at Quiltcon last year, I took a fun class with Amy Smart, Advanced Piecing Techniques.  One of the techniques we talked about in the class was partial seams and piecing hexagons and after lessons, we were allowed to use the Accu-Cut machines in class...I cut all the fabric scraps I brought, into a bunch of really big hexagons.

Fast forward 10 months....I decided to just piece them all together and play with some fun FMQ flowers in each patch.  I'm happy with how the flowers turned out, they are kinda hibiscus looking.


We also talked about diamond piecing...

I found this great bright plaid in my stash for the binding...and there you have it, finish No. 1.



I gifted this quilt to a friend's granddaughter...I hope she uses it and loves it until it falls to pieces!



Some Stats for the quilt:
Size: 40" X 45"
Quilting: FMQ flowers and loops on my Pfaff
Started: 02/20/16
Finished: 02/06/17
Fabric Used: All stash - 100%! (I love when I can do that!)

1st item checked off my UFO list!

This makes finish #1 for 2017...and 46 remaining UFO's (9 remaining on the 1st Q List)


No comments:

Post a Comment