Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Weekend Projects

I spent some time recently helping my Mom make some pillow fronts using her finished cross stitch pieces.  We had a lot of fun hanging out, chatting, laughing, swimming, taking the dogs for a walk...feeding squirrels...and sewing.

See that cute "leash" that hangs free?  Adorable!


Like me, and probably most crafters and sewists, she enjoys the process, the patterns, the supplies...just generally making something cool by hand...as much if not more...than the finished project.  And we all know how that can lead to a lot of finished, but unfinished UFO's.  (...a closet full of un-quilted tops, perhaps)

She had the idea to turn some of her smaller pieces into pillows, and asked me to come visit and help her out.



So some super simple patchwork, a bit of sashing and quilting and we turned 11 of the small cross stitch pieces into three pillow fronts...that she will make into pillow covers for the holidays.  (Uh-oh...did we make more UFO's?  LOL!)

I don't know much about the cross stitch patterns, other than these below are by Sue Hillis...



...and are my favorites!

Isn't this skate adorable!

The fabrics we used to frame the squares are random scraps from my stash...love using up stash!...so it was a win-win weekend!


And as evidence of my mom's patience (and counted cross-stitch requires it)...she has earned the trust of the neighborhood squirrels and hand feeds them un-shelled peanuts!




No comments:

Post a Comment