Friday, April 1, 2011

Beautiful...

Here is a random page I made of my beautiful Bonnie!



Bonnie is not the most photogenic cat...in fact, most times she looks downright pissed off that she was disturbed by you taking her picture. What can I say...I love her in all of her crabby little ways. Some day, if I ever figure out YouTube and the video function on my cell phone...I will post a video of her and Elaine interacting...hilarious!...basically, if Elaine sees Bonnie is near by, she throws her self on the floor and plays dead until Bonnie (hissing) passes her by...

But really, Bonnie is the cuddliest cat...I mean, look at that maine of fur!

In this photo, I caught her in a good mood, as she stretched out in a sunny patch at the top of the stairs...I think she was even purring!

This was really a fun layout to build...

I got to use my cool iRock...and Epiphany tool...



And yes, the iRock works ontop of photos...with no damage!

And that bit of lace is vintage...from my friend's grandma's stash...my friend was gonna toss it out, but thought I might find a good use for it...I did!

I cut a circle doily from some Sassafras Lass paper, Mix & Mend/Free Composition, which has these cool faux-fabric and stitching images on it...





...which I actually stitched on...it is sort of hard to tell in the picture, but under the real stitching line is the printed stitching line...maybe it is just more impressive in real life...maybe not...maybe it is just me who is impressed...who knows...

Anyway, more cool scattered iRock gems there too...



I cut the 'label' edge off of the paper...and used a couple as cool borders...

I used my hand held edge distressing tool here...and made a tiny discovery. I inked the edges of the paper with Distress Inks, and then ran the distressing tool over them...since the edges were slightly damp from the ink, they frayed beautifully! Better than I had ever got them to do when they are dry! Just a tip you can file away for later use...

And finally...on my beautiful page, about my beautiful cat with my beautiful edge strips...

I made beautiful tissue paper flowers...based on the ones I spied on Marah Johnson's blog.



I used the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Distressed Flower die and my Cuttlebug...and an old pattern for a man's suit (don't know why I had that?)...

I layered tons of the thin flowers, scrunched up the edges and used a rhinestone brad in the center. And I lightly sprayed them with some homemade mists...and wow! Aren't they beautiful!



L-O-V-E them! Can't wait to make and use more!

No comments:

Post a Comment