Monday, May 10, 2010

A Busy Weekend...And Other Joys!

Well, I had a pretty busy weekend...did some scrapping, some crafting and had a great Mother's Day with my mom! And I was even treated to a little rain shower on Sunday afternoon...yes, I love the rain!

I checked out my garden this morning, and it is showing some faint signs of life...and a bit of, well, death. I lost several fledgling veggies to shock, everything looks a bit sad...but I noticed some new leaves growing on the beans! Yeah!


New bean leaves!


Surviving Zucchini!


Growing radishes!


Dead cucumber...sigh!

I stopped at Lowes this Sunday to get some trellises for the beans (and when today's rain stops, I will install them) and picked up a few more veggies to fill in the beds, and to make me feel like I may actually get some harvest this year (I am already working on the 2010 Harvest mini album...I need veggie pictures!)


New veggies from Lowes...um, there is a couple of peppers, an eggplant (earmarked for Moussaka), a watermelon, a cantaloupe, and a basil...


New tomatoes (berry sweets and a Cherokee purple) from Solano Community College's plant sale...

On Saturday I finished some scrap layouts at an all day crop with Scrap Again...and I met a couple of really funny fellow scrappers...so much fun!


Jon's Birthday (although I think it needs some hand- doodling...I may work on this one some more later this week)


Easter 2010 (I wish the pictures were more in focus, but the kids don't understand why Auntie needs to take the same picture 5 times!)


Ms. Paperdolls and her Brodie (on a visit to the office a couple of weeks ago)...I hate to say this 'cause it sound arrogant, but I love how this turned out! Except, that it was framed when I took this picture of the layout...and you can see the front desk bell in the glass reflection... : (

I also finished a funny layout, but it is a surprise for a friend, so I can't divulge it here...just yet!

The birthday layout and the Easter layout are based on sketches from Scrapbooks Etc., and I have to vent that I am really disappointed that when I picked the sketches and printed my pictures to the sizes they indicated I didn't know the sketches were for layouts with a finished size of 8 1/2 X 11! So my pictures don't fill the 12X12 layouts very well...oh well...I guess I should stick to sketching my own layouts!

Friday (wow, I am really going back in time here...) I finished a cute mini album with pictures from a company event at the Oakland Zoo...the mini, a Jacob's Ladder, is based on a tutorial from Jana Eubank, that I found through the Everyday Scrapper's forum site...and by based, I mean exactly the same, except fort he overall size...and pictures, of course.

(oops! Picture missing...I will try to remember to take some tonight!)

Overall...a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are awesome. Nothing wrong with liking your work. Be Proud and Loud LOL

    ReplyDelete