Friday, May 27, 2016

Finish No. 4

I am on such a roll!  I finished up No. 4 from my 2016FAL 2ndQ List.

Oh Americana! by Vicki Bellino from the book Bloom Creek Quilts.  The quilt measures 50" X 50" and is a perfect throw for over the arm of a chair.


I started this quilt on June 14, 2014 (Flag Day, coincidentally!) in a class at my LQS.



I really like it...but it just languished in my UFO pile...I think I was hung up on not wanting to do the appliquéd border, which is much more in the original pattern.  I ended up simplifying the amount of appliqué...and whipped it out PDQ with a simple raw-edge straight stitch...done!


Some flowers...



...and FMQ loopy stars in the borders...



...And the fourth item checked off my UFO list!

This makes finish #14 for 2016...and 54 remaining UFO's (38 remaining on the 2ndQ List)

2 comments:

  1. I love the star applique in one corner! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete