Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY Decorating: Kitchenette Centerpiece

In the ongoing effort to spruce up and refresh the house, I decided that we needed a new centerpiece for the kitchenette table

Super simple...

I bought this not vintage Fiesta Disc Pitcher, in Scarlet, from JC Penny's last December, when they were getting rid of all of their Fiestaware for 50% off (so sad they don't carry Fiestaware anymore).  Since then, it has been sitting on my counter tucked behind some junk important paperwork... languishing, un-noticed... but not unloved.

So... I moved it to the kitchenette table and filled it with some faux hydrangeas from Michaels'... incidentally, also 50% off.  (cheap-cheap!)


But the best part of this super simple micro-mini make-over is the cool salt and pepper shakers I found at My Friends and I antique shop in Fremont for $5.00.

 
I love the shape and color.  There is no mark on the bottom, so I don't know who the maker is (I think the number on the bottom was the antique's shop booth/vendor number) or how old they are, but I would say they look like they are from the 50's...that is just a completely uneducated guess.



I'm afraid to do any looking online...which would surely lead to buying online...which would lead to collecting and displaying...and, sigh...I don't need another thing to collect...

Okay, maybe just a quick look...


And one parting picture...Bonnie is a bit perturbed that I was taking pictures of the silly shakers and absolutely not petting her!  Shame on me!

Pet me, pet me now!

I'm linking this up with The Colorado Lady's Vintage Thingie Thursday...be sure to pop over and check out the rest of the link-ups!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting Slice of Pie. I love cats! Enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and it looks very nice. It looks like Bonnie it not as excited about it as you tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pitcher.
    I love love love the colour and shape of it.
    Looks so pretty with the salt and pepper shakers and of course with the flowers in them.
    Bonnie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had some way of rating posts I would for sure give you a high rating my friend!


    putting green santa monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you.

    putting green santa monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website.
    thank for sharing the link.
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete