Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Finish No. 2 - 3 Q

This is my second Scrappy Trip Around the World from Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip tutorial.  This time I decided to raid my stash of red and white 2 1/2" strips and make a Scrappy Trip Irish Chain.

The project, ongoing as an in-between project since 2015, finally came to an end this year when I realized I had made 42 blocks!  i was shooting for a nice large lap quilt...I ended up with a really large lap quilt!



I'm so in love with it...it's my new favorite!


So many old fav-fabrics in here...


and cute little heads popping up unexpectedly...


and kitties galore!


I'm anxious to get this one washed and crinkled...and on the couch with a good book!

Some Stats for the quilt:
Size: 72" X 84"
Quilting: Cross Hatching
Started: 04/26/15
Finished: 08/07/17
Fabric Used: The top is all scrappy stash, the backing is a wide backing by Connecting Threads

This makes finish #9 for 2017...and 42 remaining UFO's (23 remaining on the 3rd Q List)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the fun fabrics from your stash ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can hardly wait until the cool weather this winter so I can test this bad boy out!

      Delete